Thursday 16 April 2020

A Season in Quarantine - Day Thirty Two

This is one of those walks that will require words to go with the photos. It started off as a walk with my cat. I let him take the lead...

 ... As a result we visited each and every one of his favourite dust baths (he has quite a few!)
Round about this point I startled a small roe deer and it startled me. As a result no photographs were taken.





At this point I startled several pheasants and they startled me. As a result few photographs were taken and this is the only passable one.



My leader continued to lead, though some of the tracks he chose were only passable by creatures of cat size. I improvised and found alternatives.
At this point we came upon some excited ducks, including ducklings. They were hidden by overhang. I only managed a few photos and no passable ones of the ducklings.

Apparently the thatchers have finished. It looks lovely on this side, but I think they have left the far side untouched. I will need to check this out on future walks.




Another dust hole, followed by a track that I sensibly declined to follow.

Unfortunately the track led into someone else's territory. The blood feud declared at the end of yesterday's walk lives on...

No comments:

Post a Comment