Friday 20 November 2015

Seven Day Nature Photograph Challenge - Day Six

This is my sixth photograph in the seven day nature photograph challenge.

This is another "guess what?" photo and yes I really ought to know what this ground loving plant is. It covers the field behind my house and I've walked over it thousands of times. The field and its overgrown vegetation even gets a mention or two (fictionalised, of course) in my novel, Witchlight. I love the way the leaf edges of the plant look silvery in certain light, especially in the spring, when this photo was taken. If anybody is able to tell me what it is called, I'd be grateful.

The challenge involves posting one nature photograph a day for seven days and nominating one other person on each of those days. So my sixth nomination is Karen Harvey (only if she wants to do it, of course and assuming she hasn't already been challenged).


Excerpt from Witchlight by J.S.Watts

"Twenty seconds after the cat vacated its spot in the darkest and most secluded part of the field, a blob of pale turquoise light appeared a metre or so above the grass, expanded in volume and brightness, and then disappeared with a barely audible poof! leaving in its place a short, dapper man in well-washed blue jeans and an extremely bright and ever-so-slightly twinkly turquoise shirt. He patted himself down, smoothed his already immaculate auburn hair, and walked across the closely cropped combination of grass, thistles, and nettles towards the back of the houses overlooking the field. His intended destination was the somewhat rampant looking garden at the back of number sixty-six Basingfield Lane in which Holly Jepps, the owner, was currently attempting to tame some long-untended grass."

No comments:

Post a Comment