Tuesday 17 November 2015

Seven Day Nature Photograph Challenge - Day Three

This is my third photograph in the seven day nature photograph challenge.

I do not consider myself a bird watcher (I am not sufficiently knowledgeable), but I do watch birds and photograph them and I write about them. I probably have more poems about birds than good photographs of them, because they rarely stay still long enough to be photographed in proximity, whereas, in a poem, I can hold them steady.

Where I live is blessed with many birds, from the LBJ variety to magnificent buzzards. I have photographs of many types, but, it turns out, few of pigeons because, well, pigeons are just pigeons and I tend to take them for granted (I'm a Londoner by birth. London has many, many pigeons). So, to even the balance, here is a pair of Wood Pigeons in flight on a sunny early autumn day.

The challenge involves posting one nature photograph a day for seven days and nominating one other person on each of those days. So my third nomination is the writer and photographer Dave Lewis (only if he wants to do it, of course and assuming he hasn't already been challenged).


No comments:

Post a Comment