Sunday 15 November 2015

Seven Day Nature Photograph Challenge - Day One

Over on that place called Facebook, I have been challenged by the amazingly talented photographer and writer Sara Crowe to a seven day nature photographic challenge. I have decided to complicate things by extending the challenge to my photographic blog. I shall therefore be posting a version of what I post on my personal Facebook page (not my writer's page) to this blog: one photograph a day for the next seven days.

This, my first photograph, was chosen with Sara in mind as I took the photo of the fungi on a nature reserve off the N.E. Lincolnshire coast, which is one of the areas Sara photographs so atmospherically.

The challenge involves posting one nature photograph a day for seven days and nominating one other person to do the same on each of those days. So my first nomination is Patrick Widdess , who is also both a writer and photographer (only if he wants to do it, of course, and assuming he hasn't already been challenged).



From "Musing on Mushrooms" by J.S.Watts

Your overcoat is as pale as death
But your petticoat's dark.
You push yourselves forward much
For those who claim meekness.

"Musing on Mushrooms" appears in the poetry collection Cats and Other Myths by J.S.Watts (Lapwing Publications, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment