Wednesday 10 June 2020

A Season in Quarantine - Day Eighty Seven

I readily acknowledge that the timing of today's walk was not ideal, but I had commitments later in the day.
I had a waterproof cape. I had welly boots, but I didn't have my main walking buddy (who gave up at the garden gate and retreated under a bush)
My second buddy made it as far as a nearby barn and even walked a little way along the track, but soon gave up too.

I saw a lot of rain and puddles and more rain and more puddles...


I discovered a tin of vaseline on top of the gate post into the big field (which was different from the tin of tripe I found during day seventy nine's walk)
It doesn't look that bad, right? But by now, it was pissing down, I had lost my walking buddies, was getting wet (which I didn't mind), my camera was getting wet (which I did mind) and then I heard the thunder.

Okay, I'll admit it - I went home and made myself a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment