Thursday 11 June 2020

A Season in Quarantine - Day Eighty Eight

So, today I managed to go for a short walk.  I stayed dry, but the day was cool, grey and dark and the light was abysmal. Not really a day for good amateur photography.

The ground was dry and cracked, despite the heavy rain, but the air was damp, as if to remind you that it could dump on you at any moment.

The birds were giving it their all - they probably thought it was dusk - but I've not yet learnt to photograph bird song. I managed to photograph a yellow hammer, but it was too dark to make an even half way decent photos.



 I managed to photograph the grass (there's a lot of it and it's been growing in the rain).










I also managed some bird silhouettes.


 And a close up or two



But mostly it was grey and heavily overcast.



It was a good day for snails


Then I met this lovely boy. He's a Welsh Sheep Dog and when he's good, he's very, very good, but...

Anyway, you might have seen him in one or two earlier blog posts playing catch up on a ridge (Day Eighty Two, for example), but he's always been photographed at a distance. Today, and without my walking buddies in tow, I managed some close ups.






No comments:

Post a Comment