Wednesday 18 March 2020

A Season in Quarantine - Days One to Three

It does not seem that long ago that life was normal, but as more and more of us around the globe have to deal with the repercussions of COVID 19, normality is slowly sliding away from us.

As a writer and freelancer, I am relatively sanguine about self isolation. It's what I do much of the time. But I am also seeing the human interaction and income I get from readings, performances, educational work and workshops swiftly drying up. I am therefore exploring ways to respond positively to this situation.

I have always kept a diary, but (I admit) I have not always kept it regularly. As we head deeper into self-isolation and quarantine, I have made a promise to myself to write a daily entry, to capture the experience of this year (whilst hoping it is not to be repeated). I also intend to use the time to focus on my creative writing.

To compensate for the cancelled events and meetings that once encouraged me out of my house, I am also endeavouring to go for a walk once a day while I remain fit and healthy and at least on the days when my dwindling work commitments do not require me to go out (and, of course, while I'm still allowed to). It feels like these daily constitutionals should have a diary of their own. So, I am going to use this blog to capture an essence of my strolls out and about. The photographic quality will be variable. Some days I only have my phone with me. Hopefully, though, they will be a record of my experiences and the changing seasons in this little corner of South Cambridgeshire. While we retreat into our social bunkers, the world is growing onwards beautifully.

DAY ONE




DAY TWO
































DAY THREE (TODAY)
















No comments:

Post a Comment