Monday 8 January 2024

Covering All Titles

As it's a new year, I've finally got around to updating my website and other social media images to include Underword (my most recent poetry collection, published at the end of 2022 - and yes I realise it's taken me a whole year to update things: procrastination is my super power).

As ever, the process is always more complicated than I expect. 

First, I take multiple photographs. Then I whittle them down to the ones I like best. Then I have to pick one that works for the website layout, deal with what ever update changes the hosting platform has introduced since I last updated the infrastructure and upload my chosen photo. This in itself can take a long time and the photo that appears to work best is not always my favourite.

To complicate matters still further, the image that works on the website, doesn't always work for Facebook, or YouTube, or... You get the picture (or rather pictures).
I therefore have to repeat the process for every media site that I update.

Anyway, it's now done for 2024. To give you a flavour of the process and the choices it involves, here are some photos that I've used for this year's makeover.


No comments:

Post a Comment