Friday 29 May 2020

A Season in Quarantine - Day Seventy Five

So, it's day 75, the peonies are starting to drop, the roses are blooming, it's almost June and, as elements of lockdown are beginning to lift, I'm wondering how many more days' walks I should record.

I must admit, I thought it would be fewer and I'd be recording only a small part of spring, but here it is almost summer. and I've completed my 75th walk

Some people count summer as beginning on 1st June. Others start the count at the Summer Solstice, which I believe is 20th June this year.


I'm minded to take 20th June as my deadline. Many schools will be partially back by then. More and more shops will be open, including many on 18th June, so the Summer Solstice and the start of summer seems a good time to end this series of posts (if health or COVID 19 restrictions don't interrupt things before then).

It's not that I'll stop walking (or taking photos), but I'll limit myself to posting only the photos I'm proudest of, rather than trying to capture the sights of an entire daily walk.

What do you think?










No comments:

Post a Comment